- This event has passed.
New Employee Basic Training
February 6 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST$895.00
Give your new employees a firm foundation in the four core competencies of low voltage systems:
- Intrusion Systems
- Video Security Systems
- Access Control Systems
- Fire Alarm Systems
This training focuses on getting your new employees up to speed as quickly as possible in design considerations for these systems and code compliance. A proper understanding of the application of these systems increases the security and safety of the protected premises and gets your new hires into the field.
NTC’s Basic Training is intended for low voltage professionals involved in the sales, design, and installation of these systems. Using a combination of live training and coached online training, this course discusses the proper application of equipment and code requirements. Students in this course will develop a strong understanding of intrusion, video, fire alarm, and access control system design, application, and installation.
Students will learn how to apply equipment to project needs and comply with governing codes and standards by designing sample projects. The course is taught by highly experienced, NICET Certified instructors.
How Does it Work?
- Week one, Monday: One full day (8-hour) live, virtual, fully interactive class that provides the foundation for all four low voltage systems.
- Week one: 8 hour Intrusion Systems online training assigned and supported by our NTC instructor
- Week two: 8 hour Video Security Systems online training assigned and supported by our NTC instructor
- Week three: 8 hour Access Control Systems online training assigned and supported by our NTC instructor
- Week four: 8 hour Fire Alarm Systems online training assigned and supported by our NTC instructor
- Each week includes a Level 1 C3 (Core Competency Certification) exam for that week’s system.
- Also included: 4 hours of Networking Systems online training.
Included With This Course
- NTC Blue Book – Low Voltage System Design and Installation